Putting words in his mouth is a tricky proposition, and I think it might be helpful to feel out the borders of good taste for the Constitution Center people. You know, a touchstone they could test against for appropriateness.
So, some six word phrases that shouldn’t be in the inaugural address:
- I will devour your filthy souls
- Damn, its brisk out here, people!
- Hopeity, bopeity, shmopeity, blah blah blah
- Wait, women can vote for president?
- You get a car…and you…
- I will grow a Lincoln beard
- Can I get a wave going?
- Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani, just kidding
- My new ranch in Crawford, Texas
- You get a bailout…and you…
- But first, hold hands and sing
- Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Obama R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn
- Everyone, hold hands and concentrate…LIFT!!!
- Pass the plate, please, the deficit…
- I really am a Secret Muslim
- It really isn’t a great job
- Build, build, build my golden idol
Please suggest some more. And I will immediately ask Obama not to include them in his speech.